Without a doubt, backs are the most common body area a man will ask about waxing. Perhaps not coincidentally, back hair is also the number one pet hate when it comes to body hair for partners, whether male or female.
Thankfully, back waxing is a very straightforward treatment nowadays and most towns and suburbs have at least one local beauty or male waxing studio that will perform a men's back waxing treatment.
Preparing for a back wax
- Always arrive clean for your appointment. If you have showered or bathed, apply moisturiser afterwards, if possible. This ensures that your skin is in the healthiest condition ahead of your treatment.
- Choose a studio that is clearly comfortable and experienced with working on men's bodies. If their advertising makes it look like men's waxing is just an add-on service, find somewhere else.
- Come in as relaxed as possible. That means, don't tell your partner or friends that you are coming in for a back wax. Sure, some friends might be well intentioned, but others will be ready with horror stories they found online just to stir you up. You don't need that.
By no means is this an exhaustive list of preparations. If you would like to learn more about how to prepare for a waxing treatment, check out:
Know how much you will be paying
One man's back is different to the next in regard to hair growth. Some guys just have a few patches here and there while others will have wrap-around dense pubic hair over their entire back and sides.
For this reason, backs are sometimes divided up into areas when it comes to pricing. Here's an example from our price list (not necessarily current):
Back & Shoulders $69
Back, Shoulders & Delts $75
Back, Shoulders, Delts & 20 min back massage $120
Back, Shoulders, Delts & Obliques $85
Full Torso - Back, Shoulders, Delts, Obliques, Chest & Stomach $148
Things that might prevent you from receiving a back wax
Some medical conditions, supplements, and other factors may make your skin or hair unsuitable for a waxing treatment. You can find a comprehensive list of these factors in this article:
After your back wax appointment
- Plan not to go to the gym or jogging etc until after your skin has calmed down. For some people, this may only be an hour or two. For other, especially first-timers, this can be several days.
- To assist recovery time, your waxing therapist should be able to recommend a good quality after-wax lotion, ideally with a natural healing ingredient such as Tea Tree.
On the Articles index page, you can find more quick reads about the subject plus many other topics that delve into the human condition.
Have a brilliant day,